Corinthian Hall: 1896 and beyond
Corinthian Hall was built on 523 Franklin Street, Melrose, MA 02176
Jan 16, 1900
Corinthian Hall held its Opening Concert, an evening reported by The Melrose Journal to be "one of the brightest social events of the Highlands"
Following the Opening Concert, The Melrose Highlands Women's Club (MHWC) became one of the social clubs which took up regular residency at Corinthian Hall. According to MHWC's official history book New Horizons, the club raised $20,000 to buy the hall in November, 1922. The hall was used for dances, operatic performances and other functions for several years.
During World War II, MHWC members formed a "Monday Sewing Club," assembling in the hall to make clothing and other goods to support the war effort.
Former owner Charles Ragucci bought Corinthian Hall in 1978. The Ragucci family was particular with who they rented the hall to. Since then, events slowed to a crawl, with occasional weddings and functions held in the hall. The interior was left largely untouched. For the next 30 years, Corinthian Hall was left to slumber.
June 22, 2010
Corinthian Hall had its grand re-opening for functions. For the next two years, tea parties and musical events were held at the hall.
October 1, 2012
Corinthian Hall steps in to manage Corinthian Hall revitalizing its reputation as a function hall with a special character of the Melrose community.
Schedule a Hall Viewing
Contact us to schedule a viewing. For hall rental information and rates, please click here. We accept cash, check and credit card payments.